Sunday, July 11, 2010

Finally...A Diagnosis

Well, we got to see our RE for the follow-up. I really like our RE but he is such a busy guy he really doesn't remember who you are. He does so much at the clinic and hospital that he doesn't remember individual patients. He had to read through the chart again to figure out that we were there because IVF failed two weeks ago. And I was a bit frustrated because we had to wait an hour to see him. Anyways, he reviewed our information and determined that we have an implantation issue. FINALLY!!!! after three years I know what's wrong with me.

Since we have no other issues in any realm of fertility, implantation was by process of elimination our problem. I was still a bit pessimistic at this point because I thought he was going to say to just try the FET and see what happens. He actually suggested a treatment we could use during the FET to improve our chances. Now we are talking! An endometrial biopsy will be done five days before transfer to stimulate the lining and give a better chance at implantation. He used the number 80% success with this procedure, but I don't want to get too excited. At least there is a next course of action... something new to try for our next two FETs. He then said if that wasn't successful we would be looking at doing another IVF with a surrogate as our best chance. That would definitely not be happening, I don't see us going down the surrogate road.

Surrogacy would definitely put us in the poor house and I want to carry my own baby. Our plan would be to try the two FETs, then move on to a life with just the two of us from there. I think we will be going for the next one in August. Even though the clinic is closed for two weeks starting the 24th, our RE said someone would still be around taking calls and we could call when my cycle starts and get started on meds for the FET. So, that was good news as well. No use delaying this any longer. I want to enjoy the summer, but going to the numerous appointments is so much easier when there's no school/work involved to maneuver around.

Have to get busy sewing three more blocks of my quilt today, I have finished three others so far. Really enjoying the process of sewing a quilt....its a great way to focus my mind on something else.

3 comments:

  1. that's great that he has a plan of action instead of 'dunno, let's just try it again' (I felt my first doctor had that train of thought). I hope that the FET cycle works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear you finally have a diagosis. I did Clexayne shots everyday from the time of implantation till about 12 weeks and still do vaginal progesterone pills (2 pills 3 times a day at first). My Dr. told me that both of these would help with implantation b/c my lining was really thin. Don't know if this is why IVF worked this time but it may be worth asking your dr. about. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so good to have a diagnosis. Now you can start moving forward with a real plan of action. August is almost here!

    ReplyDelete