Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summertime with Ruby

Just wanted to update on my furry child. Ruby is doing well, she got fixed a couple weeks ago but recovered quickly. She is very happy we finally finished our backyard...and so are we. She is already trained to got to "her spot" in the yard to do her business. She is such a delight in my life, my cuddly little girl. She still needs work on her walking though, I've been to puppy classes for three sessions and she still pulls like crazy on the leash. I'm kinda at my wit's end with that. It annoys me big time, so I find it much easier to just take her to the off leash parks cause she does fine there (follows me and gets along really good with all the dogs). This morning we had a funny event, as I was calling out to Ruby to get out of my new flower beds I noticed she was jumping around one of my new shrubs. When I went to check what she was up to I saw the tiniest little bunny. Ruby was either trying to play with her or catch & eat her....hoping it was the first one. We let Ruby jump around her for a bit and filmed the video, but don't worry we took Ruby away and captured the bunny without any harm done to the little bunny. I carried her to the field by our house and set her free. I hope she survives she was the tiniest little jack rabbit I've ever seen. Who knows maybe she will be back, we have quite a buffet in our yard with all the new perennials I've planted.


No comments:

Post a Comment