Sunday, August 2, 2009

Old Mom Worries

I am getting closer and closer to my goal of getting some assistance in this whole gettin' pregnant thing. It's amazing how as soon as one of your worries is taken care of, a million other ones pop into your head. One is the fact that I will be 38 soon, when hopefully I DO get pregnant. I worry will I still have the energy to chase after this little one? I know Moms just find the energy but it worries me a little. DH and I have both been feeling the aches and pains of getting older - the creeky knees and not so strong backs. We are overall very healthy individuals, who have been blessed with no chronic conditions thank goodness. But is it fair to have a kid so late, to the child I mean? Any child who is raised in a loving home, would probably not care how old/young their parents are. Maybe kids who come after a bought of infertility problems our the luckiest kids on earth, what children are wanted more? Well, I read this article online today about how you can live to be 100, and one of the reasons was 'having a child later in life'. That definitely brightened my day, that having the child later in life keeps you young and promotes your longevity... you want to be around to see the grandchildren, right? So here's to the older moms out there, may our decisions to have our kids late in life be the reason we can make it to be centenarians.

12 Surprising Signs You'll Live to 100

2 comments:

  1. My great grandfather was in his 60's when my grandmother was born...to think if he thought it wouldn't be fair she wouldn't be here!

    For a more contemporary story--woman at 39 had tried for years (without help) to become pregnant--15 to be exact. On her 40th birthday she delivered an over 9 pound daughter. Her daughter is now a happy health 16 year old. She is beautiful and very much loved--though unexpected!

    You will be a fabulous mom because you had to wait--Anything that comes to us after a wait is a blessing that we cherish more than something that comes easily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just turned 38 in June, and have the same worries. Thanks for the link to the article, it really cheered me up! :)

    ReplyDelete