Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Trying Not To Think About It


Four days till I have to go do the beta test. I've been occupying myself over the past couple weeks with studying for exams and becoming a doggie foster parent. We welcomed Chief into our home on Friday, he is a sweet boy and watching him (like a hawk) so he doesn't try to pee in the house is keeping my mind pretty focused. Of course, I'm thinking about if I'm pregnant and the progesterone really helps my imagination go wild, because I've read most people don't get AF while on it. I believe I've been thinking about it probably 50% less than I was last month....I was looking at baby-name sites daily back then. I really don't know what to think, I've had a few weird days (5-7 days past IUI) where it felt really crampy but didn't want to read too much into that. Though my acupuncturist did and gave me one of those "this could be it" looks. One of the hardest parts of this whole process is watching everyone else get their hopes up to.

Well, going to go get the test done early Friday morning and hoping they will call me later that day. Because if its negative, I will be tying one on at the Christmas party we are having for DH's employees at our house on Saturday. Yes, I have to host a party the day after I may get a BFN! Sometimes my life is just a tragic comedy, a dramedy is what they call it I think.

1 comment:

  1. I am just wondering how things went with the betas - waiting is so hard. I have my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete