Friday, January 8, 2010

Deciding to take a break --Then move to the big leagues

I'm really in decision mode right now, my head is always spinning. Not that my head has stopped spinning in the last 3 years. I'm just not convinced that another IUI is worth putting my body, spirit, mind and money into. I cannot see my RE until March 3 to discuss changing treatment (to remind you, that in Canada that's how it works--long waits to see your RE), so ridiculous. Anyhoo, I could do another IUI this month and then see him to decide to move on to IVF. But I just don't see the point, I've been reading so much about how IUI really isn't worth it for women my age. So, why not take a few months off and prepare my body for the invasive-ness of IVF.

Then comes the decision of when to 'call it a day', and move on. I'm talking child-free living here, people. Two and a half years ago, that was not even a thought in my mind that there would be no little one in our house. Of course, the adoption alternative comes to mind but I don't really think that is going to be an option for us. Adoption is a wonderful, beautiful thing but you have to have a calling for it. It's a road that I might see myself going down, but I know DH does not. It will be the hardest adjustment and loss to accept a new child-free life, I hope I can make it through and still be me.

3 comments:

  1. One step at a time girl. You'll make it through this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are wise to take a step back and regroup.

    As for hubby not being on board with adoption--I NEVER in a million years anticipated that mine would ever change his mind--but he has-don't know if you have been reading my blog but the story is there from December. That comment isn't meant to be snarky, but I've been where you are at--and know how deeply frustrating the notion of being child free is when you're on one page of the book and hubby is already at the end.

    I wish you much solace while you wait for March 3rd. Good luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a hard choice. Does it always take that long to get into a RE? When we saw one, we got in quickly but the clinic here is small and very new.

    ReplyDelete