Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hurry Up and Wait

Since I only got one ovary going for the gold this month, my follicles got growing alot faster than usual. On Friday, CD8 my dominant follicle was already at 17 cm and I was told to take Ovidrel on Saturday night. First I thought wow my lucky day I only had to go through one pen of Gonal-F. Wrong, they wanted me to do another shot on Friday night which means I had to get another $300 pen for just one shot. I won't be using the pen again cause this is my last IUI, then I'm on the wait list for IVF. Oh well, just when you thought you saved $300 bucks. Bright side is this IUI will done way faster than usual and if it doesn't work I have plenty of time to get in the other tests they want done before IVF consult on March 3rd.
More tests, oh joy! I guess I have to do a SIS (also known as a hysterosonography) and more blood work. DH is suppose to do another SA but I don't understand why because don't they pretty much do a SA every time we do IUI? Have to ask about that.
Tomorrow morning 8:30 is my IUI, DH wants to do his donation at home this time. Which stresses me a bit since I have to drive at rush hour with a specimen jar between my legs (and its going to be way cold tomorrow too). What do you do? I'm trying not to drive him crazy with all this stuff so I have to give him some leeway on some things. Wish me luck -- been sending my request to the universe to make this happen this time!

4 comments:

  1. We've done both. Hubby feels more comfortable donating at home--so his count is higher at home. So that is a plus.

    Transport I keep the cup between my breasts--then when I got to the clinic I would put it in the brown bag and hand it over.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, closer to my heart that way. That's kinda gross to say...sorry :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were told to do it under the arm and that worked pretty well, although it doesn't make driving easy. The things we do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder, is the test they want to do on you the same as they hysterosalpinogram? I know my clinic requires 1/yr. And for IVF my hubby had to do a different sperm analysis called a anti-sperm antibody test. You know, I never did ask about the results of that. We must be ok since we're in the middle of IVF #1. I wonder if that's what they're talking about for your hubby? Although, I'm keepin' my fingers crossed that you won't need either of those, 'cause IUI #3 WILL be the charm! ;)

    ReplyDelete