Thursday, November 27, 2008

Vegas & An Early Arrival

So, I just got back from Las Vegas. I haven't gone in like 6 years and my last trip was horrendous. I went with this totally psycho co-worker, who I don't speak with anymore. So, I was due for a good trip to Vegas. But boy I just don't have the stamina I use to. It was go-go-go for four days straight. It was alot of fun, I haven't gone with a larger group before (4 couples).
So, the only bad part is having to conform to what everyone wants to do. I am pretty laid back, but sometimes I just need to take a breather and don't want to be with everyone 24/7, so that was a bit of a challenge. I did well on the gambling front and won about $500 playing the slot machines. My strategy was to pick the cutest one, and that worked for me. The majority of my wins was on the 'Wizard of Oz' themed machine. I almost peed my pants when Gilda the Good Witch told me I won a progressive jackpot, see the highest jackpot they were showing was $977,000 but I only won the lowest progressive which was $250. It was nice to get out and forget the worries of TTC. I did fret a bit about drinking alcohol, but I can't just be so pre-occupied with that or I'll never have fun. I mean I hardly ever drink regularly, like maybe a couple drinks a month. So I let loose, and had alot of fun especially when we went to the Dueling Pianos show, that was a blast.

So, as per course as everyone who is TTC, many people around are having babies. So, my sister n law gave birth to my newest niece last night. Her name is Harley Brynn and she is wonderful and precious, and she came three weeks early. Her older sister Hailey is very happy and proud, and I am extremely excited for them. Of course I'm jealous, but I don't feel anything but happiness to have this beautiful little girl in my life. I love being an Auntie. And one of my best friends is due anytime now as well, another girl. So, its lovely little girls all around, maybe a little girl will be coming my way soon too.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your little niece ... and I can't believe your winnings ! So funny that it was because you picked the "nice" slots :)

    ReplyDelete