Friday, January 9, 2009

Shut In

So, I've been pretty much of a shut in for the past couple weeks. Its so damn cold here, and Ruby and I are just into our daily routine. Unfortunately, this routine cannot include a couple walks a day because of the weather, my little pups would freeze pretty quick. So, we are just at home day in and day out. I'm really experiencing stay home motherhood I guess. Feeding, cleaning up pees/poops, talking to a little creature that doesn't talk back, taking naps. Overall, I don't mind it but cabin fever is setting in a bit. I don't mind winter when the temperature is bearable. Ice skating, tobogganing, walks in the snow are all things I enjoy.

I borrowed the first season of The Dog Whisperer and watched that last week. That show really puts you in the state of mind, that you better train your dog well right off the bat or you are in for a boat load of issues. Ruby is doing really well so far, accidents in the house are at a minimum although I do watch her every second she's out of her kennel. She already knows sit, and I use that for her 'manners' meaning she has to sit before she gets to do a lot of things --play with a toy, eat, come up on my lap, get a treat. We are going to our first puppy class on Sunday, and I hope she is at the right stage. I have taken her around the house in her lease a bit, she only tolerates it if I coax her with treats but she's still young. My furbaby turned 9 weeks today!

I have no momentum to look for a job right now. We are still doing well enough thanks to hubby who has a great job and knows how to make a bit extra on the stock market. When I do find a job I think I will only work part-time, I just have no ambition to get really into my career right now.
Working at home would probably be ideal for me, just don't know what I would do. Freelance graphic design I think would drive me insane (I have training in this). I would like to do something creative, we'll see. For right now, Ruby and I will continue to enjoy our home which I love so much....good we are spending a lot of time in it as we payed enough for it!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous. I wanna stay home and not work. You are soooo lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I have been checking in on you from time to time and just wanted to introduce my self and say hi, so Hi~
    Cabin fever sets in quick for me too.
    If your crafty and I'm not sure how grapic design can work into this you should check out etsy.com and see if you can take on a little shop there, its fairly easy and it's great for keeping you busy too:)
    Have a nice weekend
    Hugs~
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessi,
    Nice to meet you. Thanks for your comment.
    I will check out that site. Well, Ruby and I are off to our first puppy class.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing wrong with taking a break! Enjoy! Just lets hope it warms up soon so that both you and Ruby can get outside!

    ReplyDelete