Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ruby headed for some big changes next week






Here's Ruby at almost 6 months old. She's looking like a shaggy dog and not a puppy anymore. Next week she will be going for her first big haircut and also she'll be gettin rid of her lady parts. I don't think I could survive a week like that but my little girl is a trooper. She has been such a comfort to me during this tough time and I am so thankful we got her. She's a sweet dog who just needs to learn a few more things but overall I can't complain. We started our 2nd session of puppy classes yesterday and she just loved the puppy socialization part (puppy playtime). She was racing around like a little greyhound while this big black dog tried to catch up with her but couldn't. Her little running displays lately makes me think we should try to learn Agility. She learns pretty fast and it would be cool to compete. But let's just see how she does in puppy class. There were some puppies in puppy class who were so shy, timid and not liking the other ones. It made me feel good that I took the effort with Ruby when she was smaller to socialize her the best I could and it has paid off.

I will update post haircut next week (which will probably be a total shave because her hair all over the place in driving us nuts), non-shedding breed my butt. The best thing about dogs is that they live in the moment, so when she wants to play fetch over and over again I just let my thoughts melt away and throw.

3 comments:

  1. i really think this dog is adorable!!! What kind is she? I want to get one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby is a havanese. She's only about 10 lbs. and has a great personality. Havanese are a breed that is suppose to be good with children, which is one of the reasons we chose this breed. I've read the male Havanese are a bit more on the cuddly side. Ruby gives me cuddles but I would say she is more of an independent spirit. I would love to get another one someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I will definitely look into those. =)

    ReplyDelete