Saturday, September 12, 2009

Getting Ready for All The Little Pricks

Ha Ha! That was definitely not a derogatory jab at my DH, I'm talking about injections here people. I finally sat down or more accurately lied down on my bed with laptop at hand and watched the injection videos the nurse told me to (before IUI gets underway). I thought there would be just one but there were many because they had them categorized per manufacteurer not medication type.

It was a bit of information overload considering I don't know exactly which medication I will be taking and if I will be doing it with the old fashioned syringes or the new pen injectors. Didn't realize I will possibly have to mix up the powder (medication) with some solution before injecting. The needle part of it doesn't freak me out too much, never had a problem with needles. But then again I've never given one to myself and I'm kinda squeamish when it comes to watching other people get theirs. And injecting in the abdomen seems so odd, but hopefully my belly fat will take the brunt of it and I will feel no pain (ya right), thank you cookies.

So, countdown to AF and the start of all this craziness is approximately 7 days. Can't believe I'm actually counting down to (anticipating) AF...weird.

4 comments:

  1. I think this is the only time in my life where I love my belly. :D I had no bruises while my skinny IVF friends did! I kind of giggled about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shots really aren't bad! I start not to like them by the very end, but especially at the beginning of the cycle I can barely feel them, if at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. alright missy. will keep fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete