Saturday, September 19, 2009

Just Wanted to Stay Home

So, my husband springs it on me that we were invited to a firepit tonight. It's usually always last minute when it comes to his group of friends, while mine are more on the planning side. So, these same day invites are not really news to me. But, guess what? I did not feel like socializing tonight. We were suppose to go for dinner too, but I suggested we just eat at home cause we needed to use up the food in our fridge. Then after dinner of course I felt guilty cause I think DH wanted to go (and yes I was stalling on an answer as to if I would go or not). Or more to the fact, he probably already told them we were coming, cause he can never say no. Although he always claims he never has a problem saying no to his friends (which is a bunch of BS, by the way).

I gave in, cause I don't like him to feel sad and cause we can usually bring Ruby to these people's house because they have a dog too. So, we go and the whole time I'm so thinking I'd rather be in bed reading the new book I just got from the library. The couple's house we went to, they are recently grandparents. Their daugther is only 21 and recently married but just had a baby a couple months ago. So, it is a little painful to go there because the 'baby talk' is non-stop. And of course someone else always has to bring up the fact that DH and I don't have kids...and what are we doing now (in regards to treatment). So, tonight one of my DH's friends blurts out in front of a small group that I shouldn't worry about anything because his sister n law had to try for a baby for 10 years and finally had her kids in her 40's and they are little monsters. Then he goes on to say I should just take the little infant that's there cause she is the right color (see my husband is East Indian and I'm white), which is what the other couple is too.

Now, I know this guy did not mean any harm and is usually quite a nice fellow but this was not the day I wanted to hear this. I didn't want to be there anyways and I have to hear this shit. Really, c'mon. My DH's friends can be too much to take sometimes. I got together with one of my best friends this week and we had the loveliest time singing karoake all night at her house. If my DH's friends don't start having some game nights or go out to do something different I think I'll be at home reading quite a bit and my DH will be going solo.

4 comments:

  1. Ouch, that's a really rough night. I'm so sorry. :( I wouldn't go if you don't feel like it, either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a horrible way to have to spend an evening.

    I agree--start sending him solo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think people can be so dense sometimes. Like you said, I'm sure the guy didn't mean any harm. He probably thought he was adding some humor to the situation with 'monsters' and such. Most people just don't get the underlying heartache and despair of IF. My hubby and I have been quite open about our situation, and I find that most men have no idea what to say. I hope you get some time to curl up with your book. I just downloaded Dan Brown's new book. Hubby can't imagine why I would rather read it then watch the UFC fight. Hmm. What are you reading?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya, see the problem is my DH is way too open with his friends about the situation, so I think they feel they can just say anything to me. I'm like 'say it to him not me!'. I mean when I tell my friends stuff they don't blurt things out in front of groups, they have some tact and sensitivity for goodness sake. And these things always happen on CD1 of course when I'm super sensitive.
    I so want to read that new Dan Brown book too! I'm reading 'Dreamfever' by Karen Moning, its the fourth book in a series. Urban fantasy book (kinda like Buffy The Vampire Slayer story). Really good so far.

    ReplyDelete