Saturday, October 31, 2009

Almost a Sieve

And so starts the poking and prodding. Is this what I've been waiting for? Yes, one big glorious Yes. Although, yesterday was a bit more pokey than I would have liked. How many needles can I have before I become a sieve? Blood taken, one H1N1 shot, one flu shot, multiple acupuncture needles and finally self-injection with Gonal-F pen. Yikes, I'm surprised I wasn't like a cartoon character, that drinks a glass of water and has all of it leak out my porous existence.

Feeling good though, no major reactions from the medications. I was super tired last week but I think that was a combination of studying for midterms and first week of injections. Yesterday's U/S showed one larger follicle in each ovary, I think he said the size is 13 (mm??) Have to look that up and see if I'm progressing well. Haven't felt this optimistic in a long time, just nice to put most of the responsibility for getting pregnant in someone else's hands. Less pressure on me, if that makes any sense.

Waiting for trick-or-treaters to come to our house for the first time. We didn't hand any candy out for the last two years because our area is still developing. There are more kids around now, so can't wait to see their scary little faces.

Oh, and Happy 50th Blogpost to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment