Friday, October 2, 2009

Same Herbs, Different Day

Just going about my business these days post-cyst, trying to correct my spleen qi deficiency. That's right I said spleen qi deficiency. This came about from my reading of 'The Infertility Cure' see blog post. Of course, my acupuncturist who I had been seeing for food allergies beforehand totally agreed with my self-diagnosis (which I did from the book). I now gladly volunteer myself to be a pin cushion every two weeks and partake in my nightly consumption of Chinese herb tea -- which by the way tastes nothing like a Caramel Machiatto, dammit.

The wisdom of Traditional Chinese Medicine will hopefully put my whole reproductive system back on track and back in the game. Its all I really can do or focus on right now with my new 'cysta' in town. Funny how I didn't extend an invite to her, but yet she shows up anyway at the most inconvenient time, gee sounds like my real sister. Just like to suggest to you all that the book I mentioned is a good read and does give some light at the end of the IF tunnel. I can't say its techniques or suggestions have worked for me yet (towards my goal of being super reproductive), but I have been only doing the herbs and acupuncture for a month and a half. Most of the case studies in the book state three months puts your body back on track. All I can say is that at least using the TCM techniques are helping me achieve overall good health and well being, which is what I will need in case all this IF wins out in the end. Oh, yeah and sanity would be nice too.

FYI - Dietary restrictions on the TCM treatment include no sugar, no coffee, no alcohol, no 'wet/damp' foods like tomatoes, cucumbers, melons, soy milk, yogurt, dairy. God help me!

1 comment:

  1. omg, what's left to eat? Bless your heart, you are a brave one! I hope this works for ya!

    ReplyDelete