Tuesday, November 23, 2010

ba-bum ba-bum ba-bum

Music to my ears, hearing my baby's heartbeat again today. These last two weeks have been hard to handle with all the nausea and vomiting but I'm thankful I have these symptoms as well. So, today was the last time I will have to go to the fertility clinic....I hope! I have now been referred to a OB/GYN and hoping I never have to go back to that place. I do really like my doctor there but the goal was for them to get me pregnant and they have finally done their job. My doctor was very sweet today because he said he is owed the first snuggle from our baby. He was also saying how good looking our baby was, ha ha...good looking little raspberry. Each week with my ipod apps they tell me how big the baby is and it seems they always compare it to a fruit (we are at raspberry right now). During the ultrasound there were two sacs (which we did see before) but one is like 5 times bigger than the other. My doctor says there probably isn't anything in the second sac, but he also said I'll have more ultrasounds to be sure. I was like what??? how can you not know by now if that is a baby. Realisitically I don't really see how it could be because it was so small and he didn't even check it for a heartbeat. I joked with him that this better not be a TWINS (the movie) situation, where one is Arnold Schwarzenegger and one is Danny Devito!

I also got a prescription for my morning sickness so I hope I can feel somewhat normal soon. I need to feel better to make it through my final exams in the next two weeks. We have told alot of people that we are expecting but I think I'm going to wait a few more weeks to declare it to the world, maybe over Christmas when I'm close to the 2nd trimester.

1 comment:

  1. omg, I'm so glad you're doing alright! I've been worried about you! I'm so, so happy your little rapsberry is doing so fantastic! You've graduated to an OB, that's SO awesome!!
    I did the same thing with this pregnancy - I bled a LOT at first and my HCG's surged really high. By the time they could see anything on the u/s they said I had lost a twin, which is why I bled so much early on.
    Nausea was horrible for me. I barely made it thru with Zofran, and even then it took almost 5 mos before it went away. I can't imagine doing exams with that nausea! I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete