Saturday, December 20, 2008

Deep Freeze

Winter has hit Edmonton, and hit us pretty hard. Today is -30 degrees Celsius which is frickin cold. We are going to a Christmas Party tonight, but other than that I am not leaving my house and neither is my husband. And what do you know I'm ovulating today, isn't that nice and convienient for once. A couple of months ago when I was ovulating we were on a plane coming back from California. A whole day of traveling and no where to do any baby dancing. I am the type of person who likes to try new things, but joining the mile high club is not in my '100 things to do before I die' list. Really I don't even think it would be possible for two people over 5'9" and 150 lbs., to comfortably get into position, so to speak. And it wasn't too long ago, that another fateful night of ovulation, my husband had to go to a funeral of a friend's brother, then they went out drinking their sorrows away. Needless to say many, many beers does not create the correct atmosphere or physics for babydancing. Then there was the times, he has scheduled golf trips to Vegas during my week of ovulation, ya I was really thrilled about that.

So, I've now gotten to the point I'm sure every woman TTC has. I mark it in bright red stars in his daytimer when he must be around to fulfill his 'husbandly duties'. He is now scheduled for the next seven months. Of course, the two weeks after this week are the worst for me. The waiting, the speculating, the wanting, the hoping, the praying. I think this month will be 1000 times better than the last 13, because my puppy that we've decided to name RUBY is coming to her new forever home with us on December 28th. I will be so preoccupied with puppy peeing all over my house I won't even have time to think about what may or may not be happening in my belly.

Not really thrilled to be going to this Christmas Party thing tonight. Its all my husband's buddies and their wives. They are all nice people, but none are really my good friends. So, the husbands and wives usually spilt off into two different corners. The husbands play poker and the wives sit and talk about kids ---- oh gee I wonder why I don't have an awesome time. Not really keen on talking to these ladies about my IF issues. There will be alot of 'just relax', 'oh my friend did this, and got pregnant right away', or 'it will happen don't worry'. And of course I know there is going to be at least one baby and one newborn there. All I can say is PASS THE WINE, no the whole bottle thank you.

1 comment:

  1. ugh, the "kids" talk. I HATE that. Our neighborhood has constant gatherings where everyone has little children but us. We were getting away with the newlywed excuse for a while. We still use it, but it's getting old. I hate being odd man out in this realm. I feel for ya.

    ReplyDelete