Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Holiday Cheer

So, what is a girl to do when a holiday like this approaches, especially when you are TTC. For those of us raised in the Catholic/Christian faith this whole season is about a birth, a miracle, a much anticipated baby. Gee, it might be a good time to convert to Judaism, so we don't have to hear about Mary's third trimester and labor over and over again. Just stab me in the heart why don't ya. She didn't even have to TTC, an angel just shows up and presto. Not even a worry about BBT's, OPK's, PCOS, blocked tubes. Didn't even have to convince her husband to go for a SA, she was just blessed with the Lord's holy fertility and Joseph was cool with that. I know a lot of us have very understanding and supportive husbands but would they be as cool as Joseph---I wonder.

And now is the time for holiday cheer, but what do you do if you are TTC. TTC and all its stupid rules -- no caffeine, no alcohol, be at optimum weight, take your temp at the same time every morning. I bet you, there aren't too many babies born at the end of September (in general), cause like me many women probably kick all the 'rules' to the curb this month. Bring on the hot toddys, the shortbread, the eggnog latte and sleeping in till I damn well feel like getting up. I don't have kids, I need to enjoy the holiday cheer (adult style) while I can. So, I raise my glass to all you ladies on the same Path of Promise as I am, may 2009 be your fateful year and may all our Christmas wishes come true.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you sista!! Plus, my RE actually gave me permission to drink egg nog at Christmas and not stress, so I'm pretty stoked about that!! lol

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I will be reading along with your journey!! Best wishes for a happy and fertile 2009 :) Oh, and good luck with Ruby, how exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete