Friday, December 12, 2008

Puppy Love


I know I'm going for the big cliche here but I'm getting a puppy for Christmas. We should have gotten her like 3 months ago, but just so happens we are talking about it now. I took some time off work, was suppose to be like my summer vacation but six months later I'm still being a happy homemaker (without any kids that is). I feel very retro, very 50's cause I think that was probably the last decade that married women without children actually just stayed home. I've been meaning to find a job and have had a couple interviews this month but nothing yet. So, last week my husband starts questioning me about dogs because he was reading some ads for dogs in the classified.

Once you start talking about dogs with me, forget about it I am all one track mind. I love puppies and have been dying to have one of my own for like 10 years. I lived in a no pets allowed apartment for nine years before I met my husband. We just moved into our house July 07 and I have been dying to get a dog ever since. Only problem was our backyard is unfinished and I thought it wouldn't be right to get a dog before we have a yard for her. But now is the dead of winter and I never thought we would be thinking of getting a puppy now, since they are much easier to train in the summer and when you have a yard. I have the time now to train a dog and I want to have a well trained dog, so I guess this is the time to do it. I have also always wanted to train a dog that I could use in pet therapy (where you go around to children's hospital or senior's residence with your pet), I think that would be so great.

So, we went to go see my new future furry child yesterday. She is only 4 weeks old and wouldn't be able to come home for 3 weeks. Which would be just after Christmas, which is probably the best time so we don't have to leave her alone during Christmas festivities or take her along which would be too crazy and hectic for a little pup. I'm pretty excited and I can't hardly sleep. I guess I'm wanting to be a mommy to anyone right now, so I think this will be good for feeding that need.

Next dilemma is what to name my precious little girl. I'd like some opinions if anyone would like to offer theirs. From the picture above what do think she looks like:
1) Daisy
2) Molly
3) Georgie
4) Sadie
5) Winnie

Cast your votes now.

3 comments:

  1. She is precious! I like Winnie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Molly.

    You are making me miss my pup, but she was NOT well trained by any stretch of the imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DH and I love our doggie. He is the ultimate gift for people like us who are waiting to have our own children. You will enjoy little Sadie. (like that name the best).

    ReplyDelete